Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Daddy says I'm the Best"

Do you have that one friend who never stops talking?  I don't mean a "Chatty Cathy" ... I'm talking about the friend who is CONSTANTLY talking about how "great" they are?  Yep, that one.  


Good Lordy... today it was, "Everyone in the world loves me and wants me to be their love monkey; performing circus sex daily." Yes, I'm exaggerating but you get my point.  I sat and listened to that sort of nonsense for 1 hour and 47 minutes this evening!  Argh!  I This has become a daily occurrence and I can't seem to find the "off" switch!


I realize those readers who are in the mental health field are saying, "They are just insecure and speaking this way to validate their own existence."  I'm trackin'... but, it doesn't make it any less annoying.  After about 25 minutes, I start feeling like regardless of what I say, they've done it better, faster, longer and with more gusto than I ever could.  I was like-- I'm talkin' to Captain Freakin' America, I better show some respect!  

~~My sarcasm, it never sleeps.~~

So, to all of you who have a friend like that.  I find it best to just let them talk.  All you're gonna do, if you point it out, is crush whatever fragment of ego (if any) they still have.  Although, you could do what I'm doing... and that is slowly weening them off the friendship-- which is a bummer because they really are good people, sort of.

No comments: